I’ve been coloring my hair since I was probably around 12 years old, so you can just imagine the damage I’ve done to it (oops). Now that I’m 23, I don’t color it as much anymore (ish) and I have really started to take hair care seriously. Honestly, I don’t really enjoy buying a whole bunch of products from the drugstore cause of chemicals, packaging waste, and I just don’t want to spend money. So, DIY is my solution! It’s fun, it’s natural, and it’s generally inexpensive.
Here’s my DIY Hair Mask! It’s super simple and all you really need is Coconut Oil* and a few drops of the Lavender Essential Oil*!
*You can also switch out Coconut Oil with Argan Oil.
*If you don’t have the Lavender Essential Oil here are great alternatives oils that also promote healthy hair:
- Tea Tree Essential Oil: This oil has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties that keeps the scalp healthy and free of dead skin cells.
- Rosemary Essential Oil: This oil has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that stimulates new hair growth.
- Peppermint Essential Oil: This oil cleanses the clogged follicles and strengthens the hair.
- Get your hair a bit damp, it’s best to use this mask before you take a shower.
- Slather the mix all over your hair. I would focus more on the tips rather than the scalp area b because, generally, the ends of your hair are more damaged/dry and your scalp already generates natural oils.
- Bun your hair or, if you’re feeling extra, you can use a shower cap.
- Leave the mask in your hair for around 30-40mins.
- Wash off with some mild shampoo.
There you have it! Your own DIY Hair Mask, this is a great addition to your weekly self-care routine. I usually do this once or twice a week.
If you want to download those cutie patootie essential oil stickers you can download them here for FREE! Cutie Patootie DIY Hair Mask Stickers.
And if you want to learn more about my essential oil journey follow us at @oilhala.exhala in Instagram!